Vickers EALs: A Vision REALised
In 2002 Vickers Oils became the first company to make biodegradable lubricants commercially available to the global marine market.
The ground-breaking introduction of biodegradable lubricants marked the beginning of our commitment to help companies involved in waterborne transportation to meet the challenge of reducing their environmental footprint.
Research suggests that between 37 million and 61 million litres of “operational lubricant discharge” pass into ports and harbours around the world each year, the scale of the problem of ocean pollution is brought into even greater focus.
In addition to improving environmental credentials, the opportunity to reduce operating costs is just as important across a variety of industries including marine, heavy industrial, mining, forestry, agricultural or ports. The use of biodegradable lubricants, or EALs (Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants), is one way that operators can achieve real cost saving benefits through superior performance, whilst minimising the impact of lubricants that leak into the environment. The applications for our biodegradable lubricants include open gear boxes, wheel motors, bearings, mobile hydraulic equipment, wire rope etc.
Customers are choosing to use our biodegradable lubricants because:
- They can give better performance than conventional lubricants, resulting in longer fluid life and less machinery downtime.
- They can provide evidence of continuous improvement for ISO 14001 and other environmental management programmes.
- They provide a means of enhancing corporate reputation and demonstrating Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Their use has been regarded as a mitigating factor by enforcement authorities in some cases of accidental leakage, resulting in lower penalties.
We are justifiably proud of our global reputation for supplying innovative lubricants, continuing to lead the way in the development of biodegradable lubricants, or EALs and providing our customers with the high levels of service and solutions they need.
The BIOGEAR XP RANGE:
The Environmentally Acceptable Gear Lubricant delivering superior anti-wear, Extreme Pressure (EP) and oxidation protection even under severe conditions
- Achieves a biodegradability of greater than 60% in the 28 day OECD 301B test
- Exceeds the requirements of DIN 51517 part 3
- Excellent equipment protection
- Superior thermal stability
- Non-toxic in the marine environment
- ISO 220, 320 and 460
For Enclosed gearboxes, Bearings and Circulating Oil Systems
The ECOSURE RANGE:
Environmentally Acceptable Hydraulic Fluids delivering superior fluid life and oxidation resistance
- Exceeds the requirements of ISO 15380
- Achieves biodegradability of greater than 60% in the 28 day OECD 301B test
- Extended fluid life
- Superior extreme temperature performance
- ISO 32, 46 & 68
- Use state-of the-art ashless, zinc-free additive technology.
For all mobile and stationary hydraulic systems
The BIOGREASE EP Range:
The Environmentally Acceptable Grease combining corrosion protection with excellent resistance to wash off from rain and seawater
- Excellent resistance to water wash off
- Achieves biodegradability of greater than 60% in the 28 days OECD 301B test
- Long lasting corrosion protection
- Good load carrying properties
- NLGI 0 & 2
For Bearings, Wire ropes and Multipurpose applications
VICKERLUBE BIO WRL
VICKERLUBE BIO WRL is a biodegradable wire rope lubricant formulated using readily renewable and biodegradable base oils and is suitable for applications where lubricant contamination and environmental issues are a concern.
- Quayside ship to shore cranes
- Container handling equipment including straddle carriers and reach stackers
- Marine Deck and Winch ropes
- All lifting and hoist ropes in mining and construction industries
- All static and guy rope applications typically found on bridge and waterway applications
- Lift and drag ropes used in logging and forestry applications
VICKERLUBE BIO CPF
Biodegradable, High-performance multipurpose Corrosion Prevention Fluid
- Made from bio-based, sustainable ingredients.
- Creates a thin, colourless soft coating.
- Designed to penetrate, lubricate, displace moisture.
- Designed to clean and protect metal parts against corrosion.
- Quickly loosens and releases metal parts and mechanical equipment that are stuck, seized, or rusted together.
For use on pins, bushes, screws, valves, chains, bearings, couplings, levers, locks, hinges, cables, pulleys, winches, pedal crank arms, derailleur assemblies, gear mechanisms, and many more.
Trusted for Generations
Service & Support
30% of our workforce are employed in the technical team, focusing on Quality Control, R&D, OEM liaison and Technical Service allowing us to provide one-on-one dedicated customer support by our team of highly qualified experts.